I. Scott Bogatz
Mr. Bogatz has spent his entire 25 year career as a commercial business law attorney in Las Vegas. His practice has focused on the formation, financing, capitalization, and operation of businesses in Nevada, both on the transactional side as well as litigation, restructuring and bankruptcy related to those issues.
Within this general area of expertise, Mr. Bogatz has focused primarily on the real estate and development industries, gaming and technology companies. Mr. Bogatz has provided his legal services through both traditional law firms and as General Counsel of both public and private companies. Mr. Bogatz has been named in the 2012 edition of The Best Lawyers in America.
Mr. Bogatz has litigated and directed a wide range of commercial cases in southern Nevada, including:
- Representing the plaintiff in a $500 million partnership dispute on a 2,000 acre master planned development, in the private arbitration and accompanying federal court and bankruptcy processes.
- Representing entities in pre-packaged bankruptcy proceedings in numerous residential and commercial projects related to debt totaling over $300 million.
- Representing the corporate and individual guarantor defendants on 25% of a $500 million action by Wachovia related to a syndicated credit facility on a 1,700 acre master planned development.
- Representing entity and individual borrowers and guarantors on numerous bank actions for debt totaling over $500 million.
Transactional / Corporate / Financing Experience
Mr. Bogatz has advised clients in numerous business and administrative law related areas.
Key experiences include:
- Oversaw over $2.5 billion in commercial debt financing facilities, including complex syndicated transactions.
- Directly involved in over $1 billion in completed and ongoing debt restructuring transactions.
- Orchestrated numerous corporate / equity transactions, including the reorganization of a real estate development organization with approximately $2 billion in assets, start-up private placement activity, as well as the structuring of subsidiary entities for domestic and foreign marketing and investment activities.
- Established marketing operations with offices in Hong Kong, Singapore and Taiwan, investment activity in mainland China, as well as licensing, marketing, joint venture and agency relationships throughout Europe, Asia, India and Canada.
- Responsible for the creation and operations of public/private real estate joint ventures related to the bidding (and for the successful bids) development of over $1.5 billion in Bureau of Land Management real estate sale transactions.
- Drafted, negotiated and closed millions of dollars in technology licensing agreements.
RESTRUCTURING / BANKRUPTCY
During economic downturns, Mr. Bogatz has also been deeply involved in the restructuring of businesses and debt, as well as Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Proceedings. Key experiences include:
- From 2009 forward Mr. Bogatz has overseen and/or directly handled over 40 Chapter 11 Bankruptcy proceedings. Those Chapter 11s have resulted in successful Plans restructuring over $250 million in debt.
- Mr. Bogatz has advised numerous companies with regard to restructuring options both outside and within bankruptcy proceedings.
- Mr. Bogatz was directly involved in one of the largest real estate related Chapter 11 bankruptcy’s involving a $1.2 billion project. The action started as an involuntary bankruptcy proceeding.
Mr. Bogatz owns and manages Bogatz & Associates. Prior experiences include:
- Kaempfer Crowell Renshaw Gronauer & Fiorentino of Counsel (2008 to 2010)
- Focus Property Group / Focus Management Services, Inc. (January 2005 to 2010)
Senior Vice President – General Counsel. Focus is privately held and was the largest real estate development company in Las Vegas, Nevada (with almost $2 billion in assets (at appraised value) and $1.4 billion in various financing facilities. Focus had six major master planned communities with residential and gaming components in southern Nevada and Victorville, California, ranging from 900 to 3500 acres each, three of which remain at some level of development.
- TRIRIGA / Marnell Corrao Associates (2000 to 2005)
Vice President – General Counsel and Secretary to TRIRIGA, and in-house legal services to MCA. MCA is a major gaming developer and design build firm in Las Vegas, having built Wynn, Bellagio, Mirage, parts of MGM and many other projects. Its wholly owned subsidiary, TRIRIGA, is a private technology company providing web-based facilities, operations, projects, and real estate management. Mr. Bogatz was a founding member of TRIRIGA, and the legal component of a small team that started TRIRIGA from initial concept, through acquisition of a competing entity to becoming a global leader in integrated workplace management.
- Rio Suite Hotel Casino / Harrah’s Entertainment (1996 to 2000)
Vice President – General Counsel – Secretary to the Board of Directors for Rio Hotel & Casino while it was traded on the New York Stock Exchange, remaining as general counsel for the Rio division after the merger with Harrah’s Entertainment, Inc. in 1999.
- Hale Lane (1990 to 1996)
Mr. Bogatz was a shareholder in the Las Vegas, Nevada firm of Hale Lane, which has since merged with Holland & Hart. Mr. Bogatz’ practice focused on business and corporate matters, gaming, as well as commercial litigation.
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas (1990 to 1993)
Mr. Bogatz was a lecturer in business law and communications, and thereafter an adjunct professor in business law through 1993.
- Lionel Sawyer & Collins (1988 to 1990)
Mr. Bogatz was an associate attorney focusing on administrative law, lobbying, gaming and commercial litigation.
Mr. Bogatz is a founding member of the advisory board for the Boyd School of Law at the University of Nevada Las Vegas, as well as the University of Nevada Las Vegas Business School, where he chaired the Minority Development Task Force. Mr. Bogatz has been a lecturing and adjunct professor in business law and communications at the University of Nevada Las Vegas, and currently speaks often at education and legal continuing education programs, including the Clark County School District Pay Back Program and is an active participant in Nevada's Center for Entrepreneurship and Technology.
Bar and Court Admissions
Mr. Bogatz is a member of the Nevada Bar and is admitted to practice in all state and federal courts in Nevada.
J.D., University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado, 1988 – Top 15%
B.A., University of Nevada Reno, Reno, Nevada, 1985 – With High Distinction
Harvard Business School, 2012 - Real Estate Executive Seminar - Capital Markets, Project Finance
Charles M. Vlasic III
Mr. Vlasic practices as a commercial business litigator in Las Vegas, Nevada. His practice is focused primarily on civil litigation arising out of and related to commercial real estate financing, development and construction disputes, as well as complex business tort and contract disputes.
Prior to practicing law, Mr. Vlasic obtained his Series 7 and 63 securities trading licenses and worked as a Registered Representative for Charles Schwab and Ing Financial Services. Mr. Vlasic also assisted in the design and implementation of the Transportation Department for Casino Arizona, one of the largest and most successful casinos in Arizona.
Since 2008, Mr. Vlasic has successfully represented many clients with a wide range of legal issues, including the representation of:
- Corporate entities, individual borrowers and guarantor defendants in a dispute over a $500 million syndicated credit facility on a 1,700 acre master planned development.
- Corporate entities, individual borrowers and guarantor defendants in disputes for debt totaling over $500 million.
- Corporate entities, shareholders and partners in the dissolution of multi-million dollar businesses.
- Title insurance companies in multi-million dollar title disputes.
- Contractors in multi-million dollar mechanics lien disputes.
- Plaintiffs, defendants and receivers in receivership actions.
- Entertainment and production companies in intellectual property disputes.
- Landlords and tenants in landlord-tenant disputes.
- A leading international gaming technology company, while serving as associate general counsel.
- Marquis & Aurbach, Attorneys at Law (2008 to 2010)
Mr. Vlasic clerked and worked as an associate with the Las Vegas, Nevada firm of Marquis & Aurbach, a full-scale litigation and transactional firm. While at Marquis & Aurbach, Mr. Vlasic’s practice also focused on general commercial litigation.
Bar and Court Admissions
Mr. Vlasic is licensed to practice in Nevada and Louisiana, and is admitted to practice in all state and federal courts in Nevada.
J.D., Tulane University Law School, New Orleans, Louisiana, 2008 (top third)
B.A., Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona, 2004
John P. Witucki
Mr. Witucki practices in various areas of the law, including real estate and commercial litigation, complex Chapter 11 reorganization and liquidation proceedings, prepackaged and pre-negotiated restructurings, real estate finance, real estate acquisitions, and commercial transactions. Mr. Witucki also holds an M.B.A. degree, and he frequently utilizes his business background to advise both his legal and non-legal clients concerning a variety of business matters.
Prior to joining Bogatz & Associates, Mr. Witucki worked at Gordon Silver in Las Vegas where he was an associate in the firm’s Business Restructuring & Bankruptcy Department. At Gordon Silver, Mr. Witucki represented debtors, secured creditors, trustees, and purchasers in all aspects of corporate restructuring, bankruptcy, and insolvency proceedings. Mr. Witucki has represented debtors engaged in a diverse range of businesses, including hotels, resort casinos, riverboat casinos, slot route operators, shopping centers, construction equipment companies, vacant land, apartments, condominiums, master planned communities, and a church.
Mr. Witucki has also served as a legal extern for United States Senator Harry Reid and for Judge Philip M. Pro, United States District Court, District of Nevada.
Bar and Court Admissions
Mr. Witucki is a member of the Nevada bar and is admitted to practice in all state and federal courts in Nevada.
J.D., University of Nevada Las Vegas, Las Vegas, Nevada 2007
M.B.A., University of Nevada Las Vegas, Las Vegas, Nevada 2007
B.S., University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, 2001 (magna cum laude)
Mr. Li joined Bogatz & Associates in October of 2012, primarily focusing on general business and commercial litigation arising out of real estate financing, development, and construction related disputes.
Prior to joining Bogatz & Associates, Mr. Li interned at Jun He Law Offices in Shanghai, China, where he worked on various cross-border M&A and securities-related transactions. As a member of the firm’s Securities/Capital Markets Department, Mr. Li was involved in the representation of a number of multinational financial institutions and investment funds on their IPOs and domestic listings, including B-share, H-share, and red-chip listings on the exchanges in mainland China and Hong Kong.
After completing law school a semester early, Mr. Li obtained his real estate license and founded his own property management company based in Las Vegas, specializing in investment, marketing, and maintenance of single-family residences around the valley. As a founding member, Mr. Li worked extensively in forming the company, establishing standard operating procedures, and negotiating profitable management contracts and multi-year lease agreements on a rapidly growing portfolio of residences currently under management.
Mr. Li also served as a judicial extern for Justice Michael L. Douglas, Supreme Court of Nevada.
Mr. Li is fluent in both English and Chinese (Mandarin and Shanghai dialect)/中文 (国语和上海话)
Bar and Court Admissions
Mr. Li is a member of the Nevada bar and is admitted to practice in all state and federal courts in Nevada.
J.D., William S. Boyd School of Law (UNLV), Las Vegas, Nevada 2011
B.A., University of California, Riverside, Riverside, California 2009 (magna cum laude)
Mr. Bowler focuses his practice primarily in the areas of complex corporate and consumer bankruptcy and restructuring, bankruptcy litigation and asset planning. Mr. Bowler also regularly practices in all areas of real estate law and general corporate law, receivership and trustee litigation. Mr. Bowler is a third generation native of Nevada and is active in public and civic activities.
Mr. Bowler has spent his entire legal career in Las Vegas. Prior to joining Bogatz and Associates, Mr. Bowler was a partner in his own small boutique bankruptcy firm where he primarily represented clients in civil litigation and bankruptcy related matters. Mr. Bowler has brought large clients through the bankruptcy process to successful confirmation of chapter 11 plans. Mr. Bowler also represented bankruptcy trustees in administration of bankruptcy estates. Prior to that, Mr. Bowler served as in-house counsel for one of the largest real estate development companies in Nevada. Prior to his in-house work, Mr. Bowler worked for one of the largest international law firms, and was managed primarily from the New York office.
Bar and Court Admissions
Mr. Bowler is a member of the State Bar of Nevada and is licensed to practice in all state and federal courts in Nevada.
J.D., cum laude, UNLV William S. Boyd School of Law, 2003
B.S.B.A., Accounting, UNLV, 2001
Mr. Skrinjaric has been a commercial/business/real estate lawyer in the Las Vegas community for over 23 years. During that time he worked for some of the largest law firms in the State of Nevada. He also operated his own practice for approximately 10 years and was general counsel for Nevada Title Company (the largest locally owned title company). Most recently Mr. Skrinjaric was Senior Trial Counsel for Fidelity National Law Group (a division of Fidelity Title Insurance Company). Mr. Skrinjaric concentrates his practice primarily in general business and real estate litigation at both the trial and appellate levels.
Mr. Skrinjaric serves as a Las Vegas Justice Court judge pro tempore and has been qualified as an expert witness in real estate/title company matters.
Bar and Court Admissions
Mr. Skrinjaric is a member of the Nevada bar and is admitted to practice in all state and federal courts in Nevada, and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
J.D., University of Washington School of Law, Seattle, Washington, 1988
B.A., University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Nevada, 1985 (with distinction)